Friday 3 June 2011

Day 1: Winnipeg


What is the largest city in Manitoba? Winnipeg!
Which city in Manitoba has 50% of its province's population? Winnipeg!

The longitude of Winnipeg is 97° 10' 0" W
The latitude of Winnipeg is 49° 53' 0" N

Winnipeg's average temperature
Day: 23 Degrees Celcius
Night: 9.3 Degrees Celcius

What are my travel plans in this city?
After hours of research, I have carefully put together the trip outline.

Places to go (Just two):
Festival du Voyageur, the FORKS






The FORKS, Winnipeg
July 1st, 2011
I visited The Forks in the morning. Even though it was early, a crowd of people were in the market busy opening their stores. I saw stores selling souvenirs, food, and desserts. The restaurants looked really nice so I walked into one had the best breakfast. The market at the Forks had fabulous food stores selling gourmet cheeses, great quality meat, organic baked goods, and fine wines. I found the whole wheat cinnamon buns to be absolutely fabulous. I have never tried cinnamon buns as great as the one I tried that day.
After visiting the market, I decided to rent a bike at the Bee2gether Bike. I rented a red bike called Full Step Thru for $10 per hour.


The bike ride was fun;I rode it to my destination: Festival du Voyageur.








I rode my bike to Festival du Voyageur by crossing the bridge. I arrived at 2:30 PM,
The festival is indescribable with words; it was amazing to see how people can create such big event. I saw people gather in a circle of crowds and in the middle would be a person showing fancy magic tricks or often singing, dancing, playing violins, guitars, bongos, drums and many more. The festival was interesting thanks to all these people who have contributed their time and effort to perform such fabulous shows to us. At night, when it was dark enough, the fireworks shot out in the night sky. It was frightening to see huge fireworks when I am right under it. The administrators put a lot of effort for such a great event. The festival was the best in the trip I had so far. Inside each houses there were fun games happening between people. For example, we played a game in which two men lied on the floor facing the opposite directions, and they would only use their right leg, hook it around each other's leg, and pulled it down to win. The man with stronger thighs would win the game. I tried once, but was humiliated as I lost instantly. It was now late at night, I do not remember what time I headed to find a hotel. Then down the Inkster Boulevard, I found a place called Canad Inns. It seemed very nice so I decided to stay for a night. I got into a room, took a shower and got ready to sleep.

Then, I heard a wild scream outside. I looked outside the window, and I saw teenagers hijacking a car. I was shocked to see such a disaster. I never expected to see such gruesome crime during my trip to a place as wonderful as Winnipeg. Obviously the boys were not wonderful.
(Winnipeg was listed as the capital of car theft for NUMBER of years. It is dangerous during the night to walk alone or leave a valuable in a car, or even park a car. It is strongly advised to tourists that no one should be out in Winnipeg during the night.)

No comments:

Post a Comment